July 08, 2011

The Right Way? Musings of a Mid-Semester Junior

1. Think about what I want to do with my life.
2. Make a plan.
3. Meet with the guidance counselor.
4. Have doubts about plan. (See look #3)
5. Make a new plan.
6. Feel confident about new plan. (See look # 2)
7. Meet with guidance counselor.
8. Have more doubts.
9. Make new plan.
10. Feel truly set with your new plan.
11. Mull over new plan.
12. Talk about new plan with multiple people.
13. Have doubts about new plan.
14. Go crazy from going from plan to plan.
15. Make a final plan.
16. Laugh about how you think this is going to be your final plan. (See look #5)
17. Repeat steps 1-16

Typical expressions for a mid-semester Junior:


Look #1 - Huh?















Look #2 - I feel confident.














Look #3 - I have doubts.











Look #4 - Look works for multiple statements like, "I have no idea what you are saying" or " I have no idea what I am going to do with the rest of my life" or  even "Why does her face look like that when I told her about my new plan?"











Look #5 - Insane laughing.  Look works for when you are making your millionth plan for your future and you actually believe this is going to be your last plan.











Ariana is a guest post contributor to the WCC blog with her NEW ongoing column, The Right Way? Ariana is currently a junior at Bryn Mawr College where she is majoring in Political Science and minoring in Gender and Sexuality Studies.  Her intention for the column is to share her experiences during the last two years in her college bubble before she enters the big and scary real world.  She hopes you enjoy her posts because she certainly enjoys writing them. 

{Disclaimer - WCC guest blog contributor, Ariana has now completed her junior year! Due to technical difficulties we are just posting her contribution now.  The WCC community looks forward to following her on her continued journey.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Voice