April 07, 2010

Who Ever Said Feminists Do Not Have A Sense of Humor?!

Ok so I am not big on comedy.  I mean if I am watching or reading something and I think it is funny, I will laugh.  But I never intentionally set out to watch a stand up comedy act or comedy movie with the hopes of getting a good laugh, they are usually just stupid or bad.  What can I say, such is life.  However, for some reason nothing makes me laugh more than pictures of cats in compromising positions with funny captions!  I know, random and perhaps a bit odd.  But when I discovered  LOL feminist cats, I was well, LMAO (laughing my ass off).  So, while I am familiar with internet speak such as LOL (laugh out loud), OMG (oh my god) or BRB (be right back), I had no idea (though in hindsight, this makes sense) that there exists a whole universe of discourse on internet communication.  So while I am not writing here to give a dissertation on the origin of texting language - you can read here from a New York Times article for a bit more of that.  I am here to share with you funny cats with even funnier feminist captions! Though I must add that a phenomenon of text-type language and bad grammar has taken place and continues to be perpetuated at sites such as icanhascheezburger.com. You can even create your own LOL feminist cat. Oh and just for fun, I added a Nellie Mckay song about just this sort of topic! So sit back and (hopefully) have a good laugh!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Voice